If you love musicals and going on theatre breaks with hotel and travel included you might
be tempted by one of the two or three day coach breaks with a dinner and dance after the show. They are actually really popular, but if you’re anything like you me you may be just a little bit apprehensive about the type of music and vibe they might be putting out on the disco floor. It is just a standard all ages disco type thing of the sort you might find at a holiday camp or a wedding? Or will it be specially tailored for people who like a good musical show, despite the wide range of styles currently on offer with everything from 1940s Hollywood to light operetta, to seventies glam rock and so on and so on? The answer I’m sure is a bit of both, so we’ve composed the following list of the top ten tunes for dancing at the theatre breaks dinner dance disco.
10) At number ten, asking “can you come out tonight with your red dress on?” Go on, you know you want to.. it’s Sherry Baby – from The Jersey Boys. The hard thing here is to find three other people good enough to do the formation dance routine with you as the Four Seasons.
9) Dancing Queen by Abba – Just think of the outtakes shown at the end of the film version of Mamma Mia and how much fun they were obviously having. In fact you;re likely to encounter a whole lot more in the way of vintage Abba songs at your theatre breaks disco.
8) Stamp your feet and bang the tables to We Will Rock You, well known rock anthem and title song from the Queen musical
7) Jumping Jack Flash – The Rolling Stones. Another rocker
6) Grease is the Word
5) Stayin’ Alive from Saturday Night Fever
4) Getting near the end you need to be told how much you’ve enjoyed yourself so sing along with “I’ve Had The Time Of My Life” from Dirty Dancing
3) For Michael Jackson fans to moonwalk to it’s Billie Jean from Thriller.
2) You Should Be Dancing – The BeeGees
1) YMCA Village People